Self-Care Following a Session
The work we do together can be a profound experience, shifting things in many ways and on many levels. The work continues on its own for several days after the session as well, so you really need to be extra kind to yourself. It’s a great excuse for some pampering, not that you ever need an excuse!
There’s some general information about what to expect as well as suggestions on things to do that will be helpful. The Self-Care Guide is basically the information provided below on this page.
And as always, if you have questions, just ask!
Be extra kind to YOU!
Through our session, you have released emotional energy that has been trapped in your unconscious mind and physical body for a long time so it may take a day or two to process. Reactions to this work are widely varied. Some people feel on top of the world, some are exhausted and some don’t notice much at all. Your body will tell you what it needs, so if you feel tired, rest! Let family and friends know you might be a little up and down over the next few days so they understand and can be supportive.
POSSIBLE PROCESSING REACTIONS: After a session, you may feel:
- A sense of lightness, freedom, deep relief
- Drained or tired
- Up and down emotionally and energy-wise
- Physical effects in areas where the emotions were stored (organs, joints, etc.) similar to what you would with a physical detoxification process
- No significant effects
- Thoughts of Past Situations—This process clears old programming at deep levels, so if you notice unusual thoughts popping up or even memories of past events, tap* using EFT.
THINGS TO DO: Just remember, you’ve carried this stuff in your body for a long time and it is going to take a little time to clear it out. Being kind to yourself is essential.
- Drink lots of water!
- Detox Tea—No caffeine or alcohol or sugar drinks since those are taxing on the system.
- Green Smoothies—My favorite is kale, coconut milk, frozen sliced bananas, flax and chia.
- Freshly Made Juice—My favorite is carrot, apple, lemon and ginger. Green juices are excellent as well.
- Epsom Salt Baths–hot as you can stand to begin with then let cool without adding more hot water. Rinse off afterward to keep old junk from reattaching.
- *Tapping—The “Rant-Release-Revise” technique will help the emotions release faster and provide healing for other emotions that may come up.
- Breathe—Use the open throat breath to quickly relax and center as needed.
- Inspiration—Read or watch inspirational and positive material (avoid other!)
- Body Work—Massage can help release toxins in body, including emotional ones
Wishing you love, light and brightest blessings on your journey!